cluster performance

Dear all,

i'm new to this community. i hope u all can help me about beowulf cluster, for your information, i already have mini cluster consist of one server (single xeon cpu) and 8 nodes ( every nodes have 1 p4 cpu).. everything works fined except the connection.. i've seen that my job running only at 50%++ of the cpu power on every nodes.. how can i improve my cluster? i've read that they ask to incread the P4_SOCKBUFSIZE but i dont actually understand how to do it.... below is the steps... i already did the first step but for the second one i havent do it yet... i dont know.. i'm using bash... can any body help me how to do the second step in bash??? what is the command actually.. i know this is the stupid question but sorry... i'm new to linux.. i hope someone can help me... i hope this thing will work for me to increase my cluster performance....

1) At the OS level, you need to zap a couple of values that determine the upper limit allowed for socket buffers. This is, in my opinion, best done by adding the following two lines to the system file /etc/rc.d/rc.local (as root, of course), and rebooting:

  echo 1048576 > /proc/sys/net/core/rmem_max
  echo 1048576 > /proc/sys/net/core/wmem_max

This sets the upper limit on socket buffers to 1 MB.

2) At the level of mpi, you need to make the following entry in your .cshrc (or the equivalent commands in .bashrc, if you bash):

  setenv P4_SOCKBUFSIZE 524288

Are you in love? Find a date on MSN Personals http://match.msn.com.my/