rsh as root

I am playing with small cluster, the number of nodes is increasing however
and I just started to solve task of logging automatically to each node (or
selected list) to reboot or shutdown machine. To do this in script I need
to use rsh as root without password, but I haven't figured out how to do
it in Debian the right way. /etc/hosts.equiv doesn't help and I suspect
it is disabled by pam configuration because it is of course huge security
hole in normal settings.

Could you please tell me "your way" of rebooting via script or give me some
hints how to configure pam (it is in /etc/pam.d/rsh is suppose but I'm
newbie to pam)?

Pavel Jurus