Re: Math, BLAS/LAPACK m4 checks

Hello,

Junichi Uekawa wrote:

Adam C Powell IV <hazelsct@mit.edu> immo vero scripsit:
BTW, I'd like to have my cxml package provide blas2 and/or lapack2, but can't quite figure how to do that. If I make symlinks from /usr/lib/libblas2.so etc. then that's not a problem at build-time, but what about runtime? Do I need to symlink /usr/lib/libblas.so.2 to libcxml.so? In that case, will it conflict with blas and lapack?
You probably don't need to symlink /usr/lib/libblas2.so in your
development package.

It should be possible to provide libblas.so.2 symlink to libcxml.so, conflicting and providing blas2 (I think),
so that libcxml.so is used as a replacement for "real" libblas.so.2,
and magically all apps linked against libblas.so.2 will run with
libcxml.so.

This makes sense. I think it only needs to conflict with blas (and lapack and lapack99), since there is no file conflict with atlas, as opposed to conflicting with blas2 (and lapack2). I'll give that a try.

I don't think it will be feasible to provide libblas2-dev or liblapack2-dev, because I'd need to change the soname of cxml, which provides a lot more than just the BLAS/LAPACK. So I'll stick with blas2 and lapack2, and not even try to symlink libblas2.so.

Thanks,
--

-Adam P.

Welcome to the best software in the world today cafe! <http://lyre.mit.edu/%7Epowell/The_Best_Stuff_In_The_World_Today_Cafe.ogg>