Re: Mosix crashes as VMware guest OS?

On Sat, Aug 11, 2001 at 01:33:58AM +0300, Matti Airas wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I decided to dry-test MOSIX by creating two virtual machines with
> VMware, on which I run identical copies of Debian Sid (2.4.7 with
> MOSIX 1.1.0-2 patches from the debs, patched and compiled using
> make-kpkg). I have the virtual machines configured all right, and they
> can see each other nicely. However, when I start the MOSIX stuff and
> run anything which would cause processes to migrate, the process
> crashes. Sample crash output is given below.
>
> Are the crashes caused by VMware environment, or is there a genuine
> configuration problem? Should I just go ahead and start playing with
> MOSIX on real computers?

This might have to do with MFS. I noticed some MFS related crashes on
the mosix lists, but I could be wrong. If so, don't compile MFS in
the kernel.

I would suggest trying real computers though.

viral

--
http://www.infofin.com/~gandalf

Hanging on in quiet desperation is the English way,
The time is gone, the song is over, thought I'd something more to say.