Re: MOSIX for progeny

>:> And, in any way, that's not a 'Good Solution [tm]'.
>
>My bad, didn't realise the discussion was on policy rather than what
>to do now.  I agree it's not a 'Good Solution [tm]'.

That just might be my fault. I tend not to like using the 'must work
now' way myself anyway.

>:Yes, I agree with Christian. I believe dpkg-divert can be used to
divert
>:the related conffiles, and there aren't too many that need to be
locked.
>:But, different people would have different views on this.
>
>I'd suggest diverting /etc/init.d/rc and have it prepend 'mosrun -h'
>to all of its start calls, and possibly make this a configure time
>option (default perhaps) rather than just what's done.  It's
>impossible to predict what deamons are critical in all situations,
and
>this way only one file needs diverting.

That's indeed a nice idea. Anything installed in daemon space is
local, anything run from somewhere else isn't. Just a question, how
do you make daemons migratable? (In case of, say, apache fork()s)

Christian Lavoie
clavoi14@po-box.mcgill.ca
christianlavoie@nupedia.com
0