Re: MPI and Java

Viral wrote:

> I didn't know that Java MPI was that slow.
> However let me explain my application.
>
> The application will be written in C, but there are things such as user
> interfaces for managing the cluster, and other programs which will show
> realtime data etc. All this is well done by java, and efficiency is not
> an issue here. The core programs will be written in C.

That looks ok, tho visualization is a hard task, too. Do all message
passing in C, and feed the visualization stream to java frontend if that's
what you want.

> Another question I have is, can processes join an MPI cluster ? It seems
> that all processes have to call MPI_Init () first, but LAM does seem to have
> a way to spawn processes.

I'd stick to MPI 1.x specs and avoid dynamic processes / mem windows etc.

When you code on MPI, think that you have a single static process at
each node of the cluster. :)

Regards,

--
Eray (exa) Ozkural