Re: mpich trouble in testing?

In Fri, 19 Jan 2001 21:21:17 -0500 Adam C Powell IV <hazelsct@mit.edu> cum veritate scripsit :

> > Wow, mpich has changed the handling of conffiles.
> >
> > Yes, this is a bug in mpich 1.2.1-1, I'll upload a fixed version.
> >
> > For a workaround (or rather, the FIX), I'd suggest making
> > /usr/lib/mpich/share/machines.LINUX_ALPHA a symlink to
> /etc/mpich/machines.LINUX
>
> Ah yes, that file is full of alfs.  That would do it.  Works now.
> Thanks!

/etc/mpich/machines.LINUX_${ARCH}

seems to be the way MPICH wishes to change to, and they probably
are going to do it ... I need to think about a nice way of handling
it transparently on upgrades.

whether people would share /etc/mpich via NFS through multiple arches
is a question. It should probably move to /usr/share/mpich/ as the
upstream wishes to have it.

arm/ppc/sparc/i386/m68k(!) still have machines.LINUX
alpha is the only one which has been hacked to have machines.LINUX_ALPHA,
it seems.

regards,
	junichi

--