mpich trouble in testing?

Greetings,

I upgraded our four alphas to testing, with mpich 1.2.1-1, and rebuilt
PETSc and an application linked to it, but am having some trouble.  When
I do "mpirun -np 1 ./ex9", it's fine, but with -np 2, it sits for a
while, then says, "ALF.MIT.EDU: Connection refused".

ALF.MIT.EDU has nothing to do with anything in
/etc/mpich/machines.LINUX, it's in a completely different subnet!

Note that this was working just fine on the potato mpich...  Any ideas?

Thanks,

-Adam P.