Re: PetSc

Adam C Powell IV wrote:

> > For performance of mpich and lam, I cannot comment on that.
>
> I've heard rumors of lam's advantages, but nothing convincing.

The only way to verify such a thing is to run standard benchmarks
on a true cluster and check the wall clock. LAM has some nice optimizations
which I don't think mpich implements on clusters. Though, mpich has some
legacy code for optimized stuff on legacy supercomputers... It's quite
easy for us to run such a benchmark against these libs; we have both
libs installed at the moment. We leave it to the programmers to use one
of them, but I actively test only LAM.

Such a study will also be valuable for recommending the software to
use to parallel code programmers here, and on other similar Beowulf
class systems.

Thanks,

--
Eray (exa) Ozkural