Re: myrinet, sci or similar with debian

On Fri, Oct 26, 2001 at 03:28:25PM +0200, Francesco Lovergine wrote:
> On Wed, Oct 17, 2001 at 02:07:44PM +0200, Jens Ruehmkorf wrote:
> > Hi all,
> >
> > does somebody already have experience with Myrinet 200 or SCI and Debian?
> > If looking for companies that offer either clusters with linux precon-
> > figured or interfaces with drivers and MPI libraries precompiled for it,
> > only redhat or suse is mentioned.
> >
> > For any hints or pointers I would be *really* glad.
> >
> > Kind regards,
> > Jens
> >

> We have a working cluster of alphas with Myrinet 2000 and potato.
> Kernel is 2.2.19, I cannot give you information about 2.4 series.
> Software is GM and MPICH-GM. All compiled and running without problems.
> I issued a ITP about GM, so a packaged version will be available ASAP
> within unstable.
> BTW I do know no companies which support debian+myrinet for their
> hardware, sorry.

Hi, I'm new (three months) on the Cplant integration team at SNL
    http://www.cs.sandia.gov/cplant/
which currently has a couple thousand alphas, myrinet 2000 (and
other flavors), running RedHat.  I'm definately still learning the
ropes here, but over time if I become aware of significant technical
advantages of Debian over RedHat on clusters, I'll definately present
them.  I am a very strong Debian fan and have been (hopefully ;)
watching this list.  So I too, am all ears re: Debian&Myrinet etc,
Quadrics also has some potential here.  I wish I had something to
contribute (don't at this point) but I thought I'd speak up and say
hi.

| Jon Stearley			(505) 845-7571  (FAX 844-2067) |
| Compaq Federal LLC		High Performance Solutions     |
| Sandia National Laboratories	Scalable Systems Integration   |