Re: myrinet, sci or similar with debian

Hi Francesco, hi all!

On Fri, 26 Oct 2001, Francesco Lovergine wrote:

> We have a working cluster of alphas with Myrinet 2000 and potato.
> Kernel is 2.2.19, I cannot give you information about 2.4 series.

FZ Juelich [0] is working on support for 2.4 and myrinet right now, I
believe.

> Software is GM and MPICH-GM. All compiled and running without
> problems. I issued a ITP about GM, so a packaged version will be
> available ASAP within unstable.

Thanks! That helps me a lot. Reading about GM is one thing, but knowing
that some people actually use it is another.

> BTW I do know no companies which support debian+myrinet for their
> hardware, sorry.

We will put the cluster together ourselves anyway, so that's no problem.

--
ruehmkorf at informatik dot uni hyphen koeln dot de