Re: SCore and Debian

On Sun, Sep 02, 2001 at 11:07:02AM +0200, Antonin Kral wrote:

:  The first main probem, which I have, is locations of installed files.
:SCore is installed into one large directory by default. It's good for
:further cluster deployment - with one directory is possible to share it
:around whoile cluster via nfs. If we move to FHS, we will have to share
:whole /usr or maybe / around cluster. Other way is to have SCore installed
:locally at all nodes.

How much of a problem is this really (having the files in Debian
friendly locations)?

For a tightly coupled cluster, keeping the nodes identical is an
administrative goal anyway.  Typicly (from what I hear) either using
an NFS root and/or some brew of rsync and cfengine.

-Jon