Re: Altivec and G4

Greetings, and thanks for your suggestion!  -m7400 is indeed needed to
get the assembler to work.  Can an option to gcc be specified to pass
this option through to the assembler, allowing one to call the
standard gcc to compile the assembly code? (-m7400 to gcc does not
work.)

'/usr/bin/gcc -m7400 foo.s' and '/usr/bin/as foo.s' give the
following:

/home/camm/altivec.s: Assembler messages:
/home/camm/altivec.s:28: Error: Unrecognized opcode: `vspltisw'
/home/camm/altivec.s:29: Error: Unrecognized opcode: `vslw'
/home/camm/altivec.s:32: Error: Unrecognized opcode: `lvx'
/home/camm/altivec.s:33: Error: Unrecognized opcode: `vspltw'
/home/camm/altivec.s:34: Error: Unrecognized opcode: `stvx'
/home/camm/altivec.s:36: Error: Unrecognized opcode: `vspltisw'
/home/camm/altivec.s:37: Error: Unrecognized opcode: `vcmpequw'

Take care,