Re: METIS package

On Fri, Jun 29, 2001 at 12:23:06PM -0400, Adam C Powell IV wrote:
> Eray Ozkural (exa) wrote:
> >I think the point of the license was that if you want to incorporate metis
> >into a commercial code, they want to know it and perhaps even license
> >it separately. [but of course this is wildly off topic for our discussion]
> >
> I've been planning to suggest the QPL to the author, which would
> accomplish this goal.  If he consents and offers it under this license
> without restriction to Debian, then metis can go into main.

If with "commercial code" you really mean non-free code, then the GPL
would accomplish it much more thoroughly.  I don't have a copy of the
QPL here to check, but I remember it being lenient about linking with
non-free code.

If you mean "commercial" in the sense of someone making money out of it,
then the QPL won't accomplish that, and there's no way it will ever go
into main.

--
Richard Braakman
Will write free software for money.