METIS package

Hi,

The metis package was rejected by the Debian Installer because of
the license. However, it was discussed here that we could distribute
it under non-free since I have already taken permission for
redistribution.

------------------

[I don't know if my reply to debian-installer went through, here is
my original reply]

Yes, we need permission for redistribution. The author of the package,
George Karypis, has personally granted me permission for redistribution
of metis on behalf of Debian GNU/Linux distribution. Adam Powell and I are
thinking about persuading the upstream to relicense this software under a free
software license, however the current situation is that the software can be
distributed in Debian as non-free. In a later revision, I can write a small
text clarifying the license issue (that Debian has indeed the permission
to redistribute which should be clear as it is being distributed) if you
would like. At the moment I conceive no further obstacle to installation
of this package. Thanks for your attention.

Regards,

--
Eray Ozkural (exa) <erayo@cs.bilkent.edu.tr>,