before bug report: perhaps I can get help here

I have a set of 4 debian machines: 2 are intel, 2 are alpha.  One of the
intels (which would be the master machine) runs the unstable (woody)
version, the other three run stable (potato) version.

All machines have the 6.3.2 version of lam2, lam2-dev, and lam-runtime
installed.  The stable machines are at -3, while the unstable are at -11.

lamboot runs fine and verifies all 4 machines to be running the lamd deamon
and ready to execute.

I have tried two simple test problems, both of which have the same problem.
The first is the standard hello.f modified to use mpi to return the hello
message from the remote machines.  This program (hello) has run successfully
on a "production" parallel environment so I have confidence it is not the
problem.  The second problem is the "trivial.f" program included in the
lam2-dev examples tree.  Both hello and trivial have the same problem, so I
seek help here in this mailing list.

When compiled, I get the following warning messages:

make
/usr/lib/lam/bin/hf77 -O  -o trivialf trivial.f
/usr/lib/gcc-lib/i386-linux/2.95.4/libg2c.a(open.o): In function `f_open':
open.o(.text+0x647): the use of `tempnam' is dangerous, better use `mkstemp'

However, it does produce an executable. So, when executed, I get the
following error message:

mpirun trivialf
mpirun: cannot parse: Exec format error

Since the only thing these programs do is write a message to the screen,
I suspect an incompatibility between the lam packages and the current gcc
compiler under woody.  However, I hesitate to file a bug report until I get
feedback from here.

Thanks for help..

--
James D. Freels, P.E._i, Ph.D.