Re: Demo

Heiko Bauke <Heiko.Bauke@Student.UNI-Magdeburg.DE> writes:

> I' locking for a nice demo program to demonstrate the power of
> beowulf computers. It should give some graphical output that's easy
> to understand for people who are not mathematician or physicists.
> Any idea? Rendering Mandelbrot sets is too easy.
>
> We are using Linux and MPI (LAM).

Several have already suggested the pov-ray stuff, but if you'd rather
have sound than pictures, the LAM/MPI maintainer has parallelized both
the BladeEnc MP3 encoder and a version of the OggVorbis encoder:

  http://www.mpi.nd.edu/~jsquyres/bladeenc/
  http://www.mpi.nd.edu/~jsquyres/vorbis/

Both are likely to work well with LAM/MPI.  :-)

--

/*  Dale Southard Jr.       southard1@llnl.gov        925-422-1463  */
/*  Computer Scientist, Accelerated Strategic Computing Initiative  */