Re: Distributed visualization anyone?
I'll write a more detailed reply about vis. later.
I've packaged Metis and received permission from
its author for distribution in debian.
I request for sponsorship of metis packages and
forthcoming hmetis and parmetis packages.
You may find the initial metis packages at
Please inspect them, and I'll fix possible errors
on your report.
FYI, I'm quoting the sponsorship howto from
Especially the last item is important for me, I'd
be very glad if you could write a mail to
firstname.lastname@example.org about my work since
I've been waiting for DAM approval.
* download the package produced by the future developer
* completely check the package and explain all the mistakes to the future developer
* let him provide a corrected version
* check it again and upload the package to Incoming if it's ok. For recompiling, assuming you are "Happy Sponsor <email@example.com>", use dpkg-buildpackage
-rfakeroot -m'Happy Sponsor <firstname.lastname@example.org>'. Then, you can simply dupload.
* speak a bit with the future developer about what he wants to do for Debian and about his motivation.
* send a mail to email@example.com telling them that the candidate successfully packaged XX
(which is in Incoming) and that he also wants to do YY for Debian (if he told you something of course !).
Eray Ozkural (exa)
Comp. Sci. Dept., Bilkent University, Ankara