Re: Distributed visualization anyone?

Hi Adam,

On Thu, Apr 12, 2001 at 02:31:07PM -0400, Adam C Powell IV wrote:
> Greetings,
>
> I think most of us do distributed computation, but what about
> distributed visualization?

About unstructured grids: I think you can't do that with PetSC because
PetSC has no idea of sparsity. A friend of mine did parallel volume
visualization on irregular grids but that requires a communication
volume model which is a hypergraph and a hypergraph partitioner to
reach the desired effect; anything else would be wasting the hardware.
Making that real-time for a timestepping simulation would be a great
challenge.

But if you have dense structures, then the code you describe will work
(which I think you already show)

Regards,

--
Eray (exa) Ozkural