Re: PetSc

dancer@netfort.gr.jp (Junichi Uekawa) wrote:

>  I think you can actually try playing around with update-alternatives.
>
> You could build-depend on mpich and lam, and build two versions
> playing around with update-alternatives. (theoretically)
> Not that I've tried.

Hmm ... In my opinion, if you're going to provide libraries built using
two different MPI implementations, then you should name the libraries
appropriately, so that the user knows which implementation is being
used.

Therefore, I don't think that alternatives are necessary or are
particularly desirable.

Just my 2 cents...

- Brian