Re: Bootp/TFTP Questions

On Fri, 1 Sep 2000, stramiello wrote:

> It is running through wrappers, so it is logged.
> Here's the log files:
>
> <syslog>
> in.tftpd[13388]: connect from 130.207.197.150
> tftpd[13389]: tftpd: trying to get file:
> /tftpboot/130.207.197.150/boot/linux
> inetd[145]: tftp/udp server failing (looping), service terminated.
>
> It's allowed in hosts.allow, and the kernel image is world-readable.
>
> Thanks for the headsup on the Nics, I'll check them out.

 I played with dchp/bootp a year ago, and as far as I remember, there is an
option in dhcp.conf file that tells from which directories files can be
delivered (or it specifies the prefix for the filenames that are requested -
don't remember exactly). Just dig in that direction.

 As for diskless stuff - get the opensource etherboot package (very nice and
mature) - it allows you to create smart BOOT PROM contents for different NICs
(from C sources - that can be additionally tweaked). (boot proms you'll get
with that package are really smart - they can ask at boottime whether to use
network loader or use loading from hdd if configured - and a lot of more nice
options - I don't remember more).

> ~Warren
>

> --

 Best regards,