Re: MOSIX and the upcoming release

>> Camm Maguire <camm@enhanced.com> writes:

 > Perhaps someone could enlighten me on how kernel add-ons like these
 > are packaged?

 I haven't had a look at the lastest MOSIX; I was looking into
 packaging this, but Real Life got in the way.

 For a good example as to how to package this, look at the pcmcia
 packages.  There's a problem: MOSIX seems to be extremely kernel
 version dependent, and the patch is not that clean.

 Bigger problem: it wants to modify a lot of stuff, say atd's init.d
 script.  I was thinking about making the default policy not to
 migrate processes, but a really quick look at the code got me
 nowhere.

                Marcelo