Re: Podman

Thanks for reaching out.

Truth be told, while I really would like to see a newer podman in stable, i simply lack the capacity of backporting the whole stack. I'm currently still looking at an update in stable first. And then there is the major podman 4.0 update...

As for your direct question, i do not plan on working on an upload for backports any time soon. I'd rather just install the packages from testing on a bullseye system, that works and is much less effort to maintain. I wouldn't mind if someone else (Martin, you?) picked this up but I'm already having a hard time tracking what needs to be rebuilt in Sid, and i simply can't commit doing that for backports at this time.

As for podman-compose, I wonder how much value that actually has over just using the regular docker-compose on the API socket? My first tests made me optimistic.

Best,
-rt

On Tue, Jan 25, 2022, 16:26 Tilo Werner <tilo@moosbee.de> wrote:
Am 14.01.22 um 11:46 schrieb Martin Pitt:
> Would that be acceptable? Is there some prior art with backporting Go dev build-deps?

For me, sure ;)

Honestly, I thought the question was aimed at Reinhard.

What's your opinion, Reinhard?

I'd like to go one with this, at least one should have a look on those
github go dependencies, maybe it is not feasible. I don't know...

Regards,
Tilo

--
mail tilo@moosbee.de