Re: Unsing stable-backports as an ugprade path to stable+1

Hi,

Proud and happy Debian user here, also using Ceph (and OpenStack, that is.)

We operate a systems landscape based on Debian because of stability and predictability. An upgrade path is an absolute must for us. Doing a little sidestep via either Backports or Fasttrack is an option, although it shouldn't be too complicated to figure out each and every package version. Should it come from stable, or something different...?

Anyway, I only wanted to point out there's actual users out there. The discussion and problem to be solved is not theoretical only, at all. We're talking about real life production systems.

Thanks for all the good and hard work so far. I'll follow the discussion further in silence and good faith.

Cheers,
Kees

P.S. Thomas: it's that I don't know how you look like; we might have bumped into each other at FOSDEM at the time. :-)