Re: Unable to install ffmpegfs from bullseye-backports

Le 07/05/2022 à 11:39, Jonas Smedegaard a écrit :
Quoting Norbert Schlia (2022-05-07 10:33:38)
Am 06.05.22 um 19:35 schrieb Patrick ZAJDA:
Hello,

When I try to install ffmpegfs, I have the following errors:

# LANG=c apt -t bullseye-backports install ffmpegfs
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree... Done
Reading state information... Done
or been moved out of Incoming.

 ffmpegfs : Depends: libavcodec58 (>= 7:4.2)
            Depends: libavfilter7 (>= 7:4.0)
 libavformat58 : Depends: libavcodec58 (>= 10:4.4)
 libchromaprint1 : Depends: libavcodec58 (>= 10:4.2.2)
It looks like there are some broken dependencies for ffmpegfs in
Bullseye Backports.

Did you build FFmpeg from source? This caused similar problems for me
once. That looks like a mix of incompatible packages.

libavcodec is 7:4.3.3 in Bullseye, see
https://packages.debian.org/bullseye/ffmpeg. That's FFmpeg 4. But even
in experimental it's 7:5.0-3 only, this is FFmpeg 5.

Where is the 10: coming from? 4.2.2 means it's a Version 4 release, but
like said, there's no 10: in even experimental.
Yeah, this seems to be a [FrankenDebian] system.

More specifically, it seems to be mixing in [dmo] packages.

You are free to do that, but please explicitly mention when you ask for
help if you are not really using Debian but a mixture of Debian and
something alien - to avoid people wasting time looking for the wrong
causes of problems.

 - Jonas

[FrankenDebian]: https://wiki.debian.org/DontBreakDebian#Don.27t_make_a_FrankenDebian

[dmo]: https://wiki.debian.org/DebianMultimedia/FAQ

My bad, thanks. Debmultimedia was the cause.

Next time I won't make the same mistake.

Sorry for the noise.

--
Patrick ZAJDA
Certification NVDA 2019