Re: Unable to install ffmpegfs from bullseye-backports

Quoting Norbert Schlia (2022-05-07 10:33:38)

> Am 06.05.22 um 19:35 schrieb Patrick ZAJDA:
> >
> > Hello,
> >

> > When I try to install ffmpegfs, I have the following errors:
> >

> >> # LANG=c apt -t bullseye-backports install ffmpegfs
> >> Reading package lists... Done
> >> Building dependency tree... Done
> >> Reading state information... Done
> >> Some packages could not be installed. This may mean that you have
> >> requested an impossible situation or if you are using the unstable
> >> distribution that some required packages have not yet been created
> >> or been moved out of Incoming.
> >> The following information may help to resolve the situation:
> >>
> >> The following packages have unmet dependencies:
> >>  ffmpegfs : Depends: libavcodec58 (>= 7:4.2)
> >>             Depends: libavfilter7 (>= 7:4.0)
> >>  libavformat58 : Depends: libavcodec58 (>= 10:4.4)
> >>  libchromaprint1 : Depends: libavcodec58 (>= 10:4.2.2)
> >> E: Unable to correct problems, you have held broken packages.
> >
> > It looks like there are some broken dependencies for ffmpegfs in
> > Bullseye Backports.
> >
> Did you build FFmpeg from source? This caused similar problems for me
> once. That looks like a mix of incompatible packages.
>
> libavcodec is 7:4.3.3 in Bullseye, see
> https://packages.debian.org/bullseye/ffmpeg. That's FFmpeg 4. But even
> in experimental it's 7:5.0-3 only, this is FFmpeg 5.
>
> Where is the 10: coming from? 4.2.2 means it's a Version 4 release, but
> like said, there's no 10: in even experimental.

Yeah, this seems to be a [FrankenDebian] system.

More specifically, it seems to be mixing in [dmo] packages.

You are free to do that, but please explicitly mention when you ask for
help if you are not really using Debian but a mixture of Debian and
something alien - to avoid people wasting time looking for the wrong
causes of problems.

 - Jonas

[FrankenDebian]: https://wiki.debian.org/DontBreakDebian#Don.27t_make_a_FrankenDebian

[dmo]: https://wiki.debian.org/DebianMultimedia/FAQ