Re: ell_0.49-1~bpo11+1_amd64.changes REJECTED

Quoting Simon McVittie (2022-04-22 12:41:54)
> On Fri, 22 Apr 2022 at 12:31:26 +0200, Jonas Smedegaard wrote:
> > I don't understand why the below rejection happened.  Can some of you
> > help clue me in?
> >
> > > ell_0.49.orig.tar.xz: Does not match file already existing in the pool.
>
> I'm not a ftp team member, but I think this is correct:
>
> It looks like you have uploaded two different versions of
> ell_0.49.orig.tar.xz at some point in time, which the archive does not
> allow. Please use the same byte-sequence as the ell_0.49.orig.tar.xz
> that was already uploaded to unstable, and consider using pristine-tar
> or pristine-lfs to guard against future mistakes.

Ahh, now it dawns on me - thanks!

I forgot to fetch upstream tarball before building, and this particular
package (unlike most of those I am involved with) was previously built
with git-buildpackage _without_ pristine-tar enabled, so my new build
silently synthesized an "upstream" tarball from git when it noticed that
none existed already.

> > The package is newly introduced to bullseye-backports, so I built with
> > -sa and uploaded with source included.
>
> You don't need to do that: bullseye-backports is in the same instance of
> dak as unstable (the one that writes to ftp-master.debian.org), so
> re-uploading .orig source is unnecessary.
>
> (Contrast with bullseye-security, which runs from a separate instance of
> dak, security-master.debian.org, so that the security team can do their
> embargo procedure - which means you *do* need -sa for -security uploads.)

Oh, this is news to me.  I assumed in the past that they used a shared
dak instance but experienced confusing rejections, but I suspect that
you guess correctly that such rejections was not from backporting but
instead from security releases.

 - Jonas