DELAYED upload?

something i wanted to ask for a long time:
is it possible to upload backports to a DELAYED queue?

this is obviously motivated by simplifying my workflow:
when upstream creates a new release, i spend some time importing the new sources, do any packaging fixes and then upload to unstable. if everything goes fine, the package will automatically land in testing after 3 (or 5) days. every now and again, i check if something went wrong (e.g. a package failed to migrate).

if i have backports involved, things are a bit different: if i want my backports to stay up-to-date, i now have to monitor the migration from unstable to testing, and - if everything worked well - invest new time into building and uploading the package (to backports).

i do not like this workflow, as it involves needless context switches.
while i'm preparing the upload to "unstable", my mind is focused on the package. preparing/building/uploading to "backports" is just a tiny additional step - while focused.
but having to do this work a week later is a completely different thing.

now, i'm not questioning the golden rule of backports ("only versions of packages found in testing are allowed in backports").
i'm only seeking a way to keep my workload managable.

so i guess if it was possible to upload to backports to a DELAYED queue, i could do the upload to backports immediately after my upload to unstable. picking a proper DELAY would make my package appear in the upload queue *after* the corresponding version has entered testing - hopefully generating no extra work for our ftpmasters.

is this a reasonable tought?

gfmds
IOhannes

PS: I might just try, but then I currently don't have a package which I need to upload to backports, and I might have forgotten this question the next time i do.