Re: autopkgtesting of backports

Hi,

On 02-11-2021 22:38, Paul Gevers wrote:
Hi,

On 07-09-2021 22:52, Paul Gevers wrote:
I have added a cron job to the Release Team's archive to trigger tests
for backports (bullseye). Due to availability of workers, I've done this
only on arm64 for now. As I'm using the migration tooling to figure out
which tests to trigger and such, you see "non-sense" information too,
please just ignore that.

html: https://release.debian.org/britney/excuses_backports-stable.html
yaml: https://release.debian.org/britney/excuses_backports-stable.yaml

No regression to be seen today.

Just curious, has anybody checked it already?

==== FAILURES ====
It seems it's now catching something.

python-azure:
Fails it's own test suite
https://ci.debian.net/data/autopkgtest/stable/arm64/p/python-azure/17553853/log.gz

python-django seems to break quite some reverse dependencies. Considering the version leap I guess that's to be expected, but I guess it's good to know and be aware of. Maybe those reverse dependencies should also be supplied in backports, and/or src:python-django could add the relevant Breaks against packages that are really broken.

golang-github-klauspost-cpuid breaks the autopkgtest of golang-github-klauspost-reedsolomon; but as I have no idea how to read the golang output, I can't comment further:
https://ci.debian.net/data/autopkgtest/stable/arm64/g/golang-github-klauspost-reedsolomon/17553847/log.gz

==== ISSUES ====
It seems that the setup sometimes has some trouble installing the right packages in the backports setup. I.e. if there's a versioned dependency that has to come from backports too, or a package that's only available in backports (in the nncp autopkgtest) it doesn't install it. I thought apt should just install the package from backports (as implicitly documented by [1]), but I see this:
"""
root@autopkgtest-lxc-edukey:/# apt-get install python3-azure-cli/bullseye-backports
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree... Done
Reading state information... Done
Selected version '2.31.0-2~bpo11+1' (Debian Backports:bullseye-backports [all]) for 'python3-azure-cli'
or been moved out of Incoming.

python3-azure-cli : Depends: python3-azure (>= 20211104+git-1~) but 20201208+git-6 is to be installed Recommends: python3-azext-devops but it is not going to be installed
"""
I've read apt_preferences(5) multiple times, but I still don't get why it fails. This is supposed to work, right?

Paul

[1] https://backports.debian.org/Instructions/