Re: developers-reference update about backports

On 8/30/21 3:09 PM, Rhonda D'Vine wrote:
> * Thomas Goirand <zigo@debian.org> [2021-08-30 14:59:21 CEST]:
>> Hi,
>>
>> In the light of the discussion on IRC, I'm hereby asking for feedback
>> (both in terms of wording and content) of the last commit to the
>> developers-reference. This has been commited, but there wont be a new
>> release of the package before we got the approval from the backports
>> team. Here's the commit:
>>
>> https://salsa.debian.org/debian/developers-reference/-/commit/7991f4ab32ae8b6d2cfbbfe6d3fbe5100dfd0c49
>>
>> Also, I'd like to call for a bit more positivity ...
>
>  Maybe you should start out with more positivity by not framing your
> discussion partners and misgendering people.  Pretty please don't
> request something from someone else that you clearly aren't doing
> yourself, and take responsibility for your own game in this.
>
>> The insults were really not called for, when everyone is trying to
>> improve Debian.
>
>  It was in direct response to your misgendering, and your
> passive-aggressive araming of me for pointing out that it would had
> been useful to get in contact with the team responsible for the stuff
> you are writing about and merged the commit already for.  I'm not
> picking up your framing for this.
>
>  You still ignored and are ignoring that part.  I'm not taking
> responsibility for what your actions did that you still seem to be
> appropriate, and with due respect, framing my frustration of your
> ignorance of what you did as insults is just adding to the hurt.
>
>> Please stay positive, and let's move forward together.
>
>  If you really were interested that, you woudln't have brought it up and
> continued with the framing, not taking responsibility for your own
> actions.
>
>  I'll look into the text in the next few days,
> Rhonda

Hi Rhonda,

I do not agree I'm how you describe above. I'm not such a bad person,
and hopefully, if you search inside your heart, you'll recognize it.
Anyways, if I have hurt you, it never was intentional, and I'm truly
sorry about it.

Now, can we move on? Please point out what I dared to wrongly commit,
and I'll be very happy to improve what I wrote with your help. I can't
wait to see what your patch looks like, so we can finally close this 6
years old unaddressed bug.

Cheers,

Thomas Goirand (zigo)

P.S: I took the time to rewrite this 3/4 times, hopefully you wont take
any of my words the wrong way, and you'll assume a good faith. There's
zero sarcasm in the above.