Re: timeshift_20.11.1-1 (ready to submit) - backintime_1.2.1-2 (work in progress)

Hi,

On 2021/01/25 13:51, phil995511 - wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Personally, I don't think it is desirable for people who are not
> certified as belonging to the Debian team to offer Debian-embeddable
> packages through official Debian URLs.
>
> There are too many potential safety issues with such methods.

All packages uploaded to Debian (including backports) require either the
uploader to be a Debian Developer (and some Debian Maintainers for
particular packages). This means that packages not maintained by DDs
(there are a lot of them) are reviewed and uploads are sponsored by DDs.

See https://mentors.debian.net/intro-maintainers/ for more information

> Le lun. 25 janv. 2021 à 11:41, <linux@mannarelli.it
> <mailto:linux@mannarelli.it>> a écrit :
>
>     Hi,
>     finally, after more than 20 years with Debian (professionally,
>     mostly as
>     sysadmin), I have more time to dedicate to the community.
>
>     I made the backport of timeshift_20.11.1-1 (using
>     https://wiki.debian.org/BuildingFormalBackports
>     <https://wiki.debian.org/BuildingFormalBackports>, of course).
>     The reason of the backport is that in few on "my" servers I needed the
>     last package because of special characters in LUKS (and more few other
>     things)
>     I have only to sign the backport with gpg and submit with dput.
>     My question is, what are the procedures for this step? I could not find
>     that much.
>     Do I need a special email address? For sure someone in Debian will have
>     to approve the push.

Please follow https://mentors.debian.net/intro-maintainers/

The process is the same for backports - packages are uploaded to
mentors.debian.net and sponsored from there.

Cheers
Kyle

--

⢀⣴⠾⠻⢶⣦⠀