Re: php-mailparse - please make a package with version 3.1

W dniu 24.04.2020 o 16:20, Thorsten Glaser pisze:
On Fri, 24 Apr 2020, Jarosław Kłopotek wrote:
please update the package in debian-backports repository to version 3.1
because on debian buster there are many segfaults with older versions.
This is not a reason for a backport; rather, the maintainer
needs to fix this in stable. Please use reportbug to report
the segfaults against the appropriate packages in buster.

bye,
//mirabilos

I am new to debian-dev-community. Could You tell me what are the common reasons for backporting? I am got 3.1 from public Ondrej repository. The bugs doesn't exists anymore. Is there still a reason to use old version?

Regards,
jkl