Power down fails on Lenovo Yoga 260

Hi all

I support a large Swiss vocational school in Winterthur. For exams they
use a system based on Debian Live including the kernel from Debian
backports for improved hardware support (as of now version 5.8.10).

They have many Lenovo Yoga 260's with Windows 10 preinstalled where the
hardware works without any problems. But if the laptops are started with
the Debian Live exam system the laptops are not powering down when
shutting down. Instead they are stuck with the kernel message:

[ <some timestamp> ] reboot: Power down

I investigated this issue and found out that you need to disable the
firmware setting "Security -> Virtualization -> Intel (R) VT-d Feature"
so that the laptops successfully power down with the Debian system. But
instead of disabling this feature on all laptops I would like to help
fixing the issue. I don't want Debian to be inferior to Windows. ;-)

I am more or less sure that this is a kernel issue but on
https://www.kernel.org/doc/html/latest/admin-guide/reporting-bugs.html
<https://www.kernel.org/doc/html/latest/admin-guide/reporting-bugs.html>
it reads "If you’ve found a bug on a kernel version that isn’t listed on
kernel.org, contact your Linux distribution..." and on
https://backports.debian.org/Instructions/
<https://backports.debian.org/Instructions/> it reads "Please report
bugs that you found in the packages to the backports mailing list and
NOT to the Debian BTS!"

So therefore I am asking here if there is anything I can do to help
debugging or fixing this issue?

Best regards

Ronny