Re: Incorrect dependency in python3-lxml

Hi Andreas,

On 20.11.20 19:27, Andreas Tille wrote:
>> The amd64 binaries uploaded to buster-backports by Andreas Tille (cc'd)
>> seem to have been built in a stretch environment? Other architectures'
>> builds from the buildds seem to be as expected.
>
> Argh!
>
>> https://packages.debian.org/buster-backports/python3-lxml says:
>>
>> dep: python3 (<< 3.6) [amd64]
>> dep: python3 (<< 3.8) [not amd64]
>> dep: python3 (>= 3.5~) [amd64]
>> dep: python3 (>= 3.7~) [not amd64]
>>
>> If backports packages can be binNMU'd, please could someone with
>> appropriate access rebuild this? I think the right runes are:
>>
>> nmu python3-lxml_4.6.1-1~bpo10+1 . amd64 . buster-backports . -m 'Rebuild in buster environment'
>>
>> Or if binNMUs are not possible in buster-backports, someone who uses
>> and can test this backported package could do a source-only upload.
>
> If it helps I can do a source-only upload for sure.

could you take another look at this?

There was just a DSA for lxml (DSA-4810-1) and for those that have
backports pinned, the above issue blocks the security update to
python3-lxml (because the uninstallable backported version has a greater
version).

There's a new version in testing, 4.6.2, so backporting that one might
even be the simplest fix to the process.

Best,
Christian