Re: libreoffice 7 backport is requirung openclipart backport

Hi,

Am 30.08.20 um 16:48 schrieb H.-Dirk Schmitt:
> So installations with installed openclipart support couldn't be
> upgraded due to the missing backport of openclipart.

True. Didn't deny that.
> Clearly to solve this issue openclipart in buster-backports has to be
> upgraded to solve the issue finally.
Or simply be removed. You are overstating the importance of clipart, IMHO.
> I filled this report against libreoffice because here the unsatisfied
> dependency is introduced.

There is no unsatisfied dependency. So there's no bug in libreoffice.

There is "don't install this with the old openclipart". Properly documented.

libreoffices Conflicts: is completely intended. See the bug I mentioned
in my first reply.

> For myself I backported openclipart locally from bullseye without any
> applied changes.
As I said, it's possible. You can do that, I won't.
> But for ordinary debian users the current situation means that the old
> libreoffice 6 package will still stay forever.

Unfortunately, but yes.

But people having root and this installing stuff outside of stable
whould know what they do.

> Feel free to reassign to another team, if that team solves the
dependency conflict.

That would be openclipart.

But as said that one doesn't have a maintainer but is "maintained" by
Debian QA which is a fallback for orphaned packages.

Regards,

Rene