Re: Option to allow packages from backports but without forcing it

On Sun, Jul 12, 2020 at 21:50, Pirate Praveen <praveen@onenetbeyond.org> wrote:
Erm… I did add buster-backports, the official one.

You absolutely cannot have a thing called buster-backports on the
fasttrack server because that’s too easily confused with the
official one.

Let me think about it.

Usually with the same suite name, I just have to upload the same .changes file when the package enters testing. So changing the name just adds extra busy work (multiple changelog entries and rebuilds) without any real benefit. Like in the case of ruby-faraday, I just had to dput the .changes file I already created for fasttrack/buster-backports to official buster-backports. So I will stick with it unless someone can show me some real advantage.