Re: Fwd: Request to update dovecot to release v2.3.10.1

On Tue, May 19, 2020 at 09:55:42AM -0400, Boyuan Yang wrote:
> It is a pity that Debian's dovecot is having many open security issues and is
> not properly maintained. However, the criteria on making a backport is to
> properly fix those issues in Testing and Unstable/Sid first.

I reached out to the dovecot maintainers recently about the state of
dovecot in Debian.  I'm awaiting their reply.  If one doesn't arrive,
then it might be necessary to NMU their package and/or salvage it
according to https://wiki.debian.org/PackageSalvaging

noah