Re: Request to fast track gitlab dependencies

On 2019, മാർച്ച് 3 3:04:19 PM IST, Alexander Wirt <formorer@formorer.de> wrote:
>On Sun, 03 Mar 2019, Pirate Praveen wrote:
>

>> On 2019, മാർച്ച് 3 2:15:27 PM IST, Alexander Wirt
><formorer@formorer.de> wrote:

>funding
>> >even

>> >now 3
>> >I came to my attention that the gitlab package isn't in testing
>> >anymore. That
>> >means it will get removed from backports soon, are there any plans
>> >get it
>> >back to testing?
>>
>> It is blocked by security team because they don't want it in stable.
>>
>> https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=915050
>>
>> It'd be disappointing to have it removed from backports now. I
>thought the plan to remove it from testing was already known when
>gitlab was accepted into backports.
>And we always told you that we will remove it when it leaves testing,
>you
>just ignored the fact.
>
>Alex

The bug that caused removal from testing was a meta bug to keep gitlab out of buster. If that can be considered a valid excuse to keep gitlab in stretch-backports, please do. The package in backports-new fixes all open rc bugs.

As for bullseye, I hope to get gitlab back in testing by closing that bug. During the bullseye cycle, I hope a separate repository can be setup as per the discussions we already had.