Re: backport of i3-wm

On Sun, Mar 3, 2019 at 12:43 AM David Bremner <david@tethera.net> wrote:
Michael Stapelberg <michael@i3wm.org> writes:

> [+cc i3-discuss for archival]
>
> A wild shot in the dark: are you missing the git command, but are trying to
> build from a git checkout?

Not exactly, but related. I used  "dgit clone i3-wm" to get a working
directory identical to the unpacked source package. But it did contain a
.git directory and that apparently confuses the build system.

If I "mv .git .git.bak" then it seems to build OK.  It would be nice if
(given that there is a git command) the build didn't fail after dgit
clone. Or if it at least bailed out in a more informative way.

So back to the original question, any plans for a backport?

Personally, I have no plans. If you want to upload one, feel free.

Also, since I'm asking things, how about Vcs-* headers in source
package?

This is up to sur5r (cc'ed), who will be the new maintainer for the i3* packages in Debian. Thus far, the packaging lives in https://github.com/i3/i3 itself, so that it is consistent between the auto-built packages and Debian.

cheers, and thanks for working on i3.

Best regards,
Michael