Re: Pbuilder problem

On Fri, 2018-09-07 at 12:37 +0200, Paul van der Vlis wrote:
> Op 06-09-18 om 21:52 schreef Rodrigo Campos:
> > On Thu, Sep 06, 2018 at 09:40:37PM +0200, Paul van der Vlis wrote:
> > > Hello,
> > >
> > > I use pbuilder for backporting packages. My problem is that a package
> > > does not build, when there are build-dependencies from backports.
> > > What can I do to make this work?
> > >
> > > Some more info:
> > >
> > > For example the package dh-linktree does not build, because debhelper >=
> > > 11 is needed, what's in backports. How do you backport such a package
> > > with pbuilder?
> >
> > You can modify the sources.list that the chroot uses, and just add the backports
> > repo
>
> What is the correct way to modify the chroot?
[...]

As was already stated: pbuilder login --save-after-login.

However, ideally you should be able to throw away and re-create your
pbuilder environment at any time, rather than relying on manual
customisation.  So your customisations should be done in a "G" hook
script.

Also, for the specific instance of adding another APT source, you can
use the --othermirror option to pbuilder create.

Ben.

--
Ben Hutchings
A free society is one where it is safe to be unpopular.