Re: "dh_autoreconf: Can only be run once, see dh-autoreconf" when building package from Sid for Stretch

On Sep 1, 2018, at 02:37, 丰 <hxf.prc@gmail.com> wrote:

Several days ago, I fetched "network-manager-l2tp" and "openfortivpn"
source from Debian testing/sid and tried to build them for Stretch,
using sbuild. Basically, what I did was
1, enable "testing" or "sid" in sources.list;
2, "apt update";
3, fetch the source of the package.
4, sbuild the package with "-d stretch"

I was able to generated guile_2.2.3-3 package with above steps. But
for "network-manager-l2tp" and "openfortivpn", if I build directly
from the unchanged source from Sid, a complaint saying something like
"dephelper (>= 11) was needed" was in the build log.

I tried sbuild with ' --extra-repository="deb
http://httpredir.debian.org/debian stretch-backports main" '.
dephelper (>= 11) was not met.
I tried manually adding stretch-backports in sources.list in the
schroot and then sbuild. dephelper (>= 11) was not met.

This is because the Backports Release file has "NotAutomatic: yes", which means that apt won’t get package dependencies from there. However, aptitude will. So you could call sbuild like this:
sbuild --build-dep-resolver=aptitude --extra-repository="deb http://deb.debian.org/debian stretch-backports main" -d stretch-backports .
(Note that this also assumes that stretch-backports is an alias to stretch, see https://wiki.debian.org/sbuild#Using_aliases )
Hope this helps,
Jacob