Re: RFS: wordgrinder 0.6-3~bpo8+1

I've tried to read up on how to do this. The Debian bug system makes me sad. (Is there really still no web interface?)

What do you mean by 'open a bug against'? Do you mean tag, user, owner? Using release.debian.org as a package name seems wrong. Can you expand?

On Sat, 1 Jul 2017 at 16:47 Gianfranco Costamagna <locutusofborg@debian.org> wrote:

>Yes, updating the version in jessie would be much more preferable --- but I didn't know it was possible; I thought jessie was frozen since release. How does it work?

open a bug against release.debian.org, selecting "p-u" (proposed updates), and post on that bug your proposed debdiff
with a brief analysis or bug references and why you need the fix go in the next point release, speaking that
the bug is fixed in buster.

Once you get an ack from them, come here (or directly to me, or debian-mentors) and ask for sponsorship.
the fix should be called jessie_version+deb8u1

cheers,

G.
--
┌─── http://cowlark.com ───
│ "There is nothing in the world so dangerous --- and I mean *nothing*