Re: RFS: wordgrinder 0.6-3~bpo8+1

Yes, updating the version in jessie would be much more preferable --- but I didn't know it was possible; I thought jessie was frozen since release. How does it work?

On Sat, 1 Jul 2017 at 13:18 James Clarke <jrtc27@debian.org> wrote:
> On 1 Jul 2017, at 11:48, David Given <dg@cowlark.com> wrote:
>
> Hello backporters,
>
> I'm looking for a sponsor for a backport of the stretch version of
> wordgrinder to jessie (because there are serious bugs in the jessie
> version and it really needs to stop being a thing).

If the bugs are that serious, you should update the version in jessie itself
(or if it comes to it, removal). Backports is for bringing new features, not
fixing bugs in (old)stable.

Regards,
James

--
┌─── http://cowlark.com ───
│ "There is nothing in the world so dangerous --- and I mean *nothing*