Re: python-django_1.8.18-1~bpo8+1_amd64.changes REJECTED

* Neil Williams <codehelp@debian.org> [2017-05-25 13:07:13 CEST]:
> On Thu, 25 May 2017 12:39:31 +0200
> Rhonda D'Vine <rhonda@deb.at> wrote:
> >  Pardon me, but how would they likely break some of those packages if
> > they are expected to work in stretch from where they got backported
> > from?  I can't follow.  Either they are working in stretch with 1.10,
> > or not - then they should get fixed in stretch to work with 1.10.
>
> The breakage isn't within backports - it is breakage upgrading from
> jessie to stretch.
>
> lava-server in stretch does work with 1.10 but without 1.8, I cannot
> successfully upgrade the version of lava-server in jessie to the
> version of lava-server in stretch.

 If there is no upgrade path for lava-server from one stable release to
the next stable release please discuss that with the stable release
team.  On my board this is a release critical bug.  Having a workaround
for that issue through backports might sound convenient, but as was
pointed out over and over again, backports is not the place to fix bugs
that happen in stable.

 Enjoy,
Rhonda