Re: python-django_1.8.18-1~bpo8+1_amd64.changes REJECTED

* Simon McVittie <smcv@debian.org> [2017-05-24 19:17:34 CEST]:
> If the Django maintainers are forced by backports policy to backport
> 1.10.x from stretch into jessie-backports, then I can see that *that*
> has the potential to create a lot of work for the maintainers of
> dependent packages, because unlike the upgrade from 1.8.16 to 1.8.18,
> it's a jump between branches and seems likely to contain API breaks.

 Actually, they would need to do it regardless because of stretch.  That
is a rather weak argument IMHO.  If the depending package comes from
stretch it actually has to work with 1.10 now already.

 If it's an outside package I'm not so sure if having a backport for a
package that changes interface so intensly that it requires a painful
lot of work between versions is a wise decision in the first place.

 So long,
Rhonda