Re: Adding python3-typing binary package (Was: ruamel.yaml backport)

Adrian Bunk:
> On Fri, May 19, 2017 at 09:14:05AM +0200, Hans-Christoph Steiner wrote:
>> Therefore, the only way to solve this in jessie-backports is to add
>> changes to debian/rules and debian/control on top of stretch's
>> src:python-typing  to build python3-typing.
>
> There is another solution (that was already proposed in this thread):
> Drop the non-working python3-ruamel.yaml package from the ruamel.yaml
> backport.
>
> The python3-ruamel.yaml backport apparently never worked,
> so there's not any real loss.
>
> And this avoids all kinds of problems like for example:
>   Looking at the diff you proposed for python-typing, what happens
>   when a user with python3-typing installed upgrades to stretch?
>
> There's a whole new class of bugs that is possible when adding
> non-backported packages to backports.

That would be the opposite of a solution for us, since we only need
python3-ruamel.yaml, not python-ruamel.yaml.  The Debian Med team did
the backport, I guess they are not using python3-ruamel.yaml only
python-ruamel.yaml.

.hc