Re: Adding python3-typing binary package (Was: ruamel.yaml backport)

Andreas Tille:
> Hi Hans-Christoph,
>
> On Thu, May 18, 2017 at 12:38:23PM +0200, Hans-Christoph Steiner wrote:
>>

>> Andreas Tille:

>> Yeah, I just realized that there is no need to have python3-typing in
>> stretch or sid since the typing module is already provided by Python >= 3.5.
>>
>> The patch is attached.  Thanks for the upload!
>
> Ahhh, sorry, I was not aware that we need to introduce a new binary
> package of python-typing.  This surely needs confirmation of backport
> ftpmasters.  I have no idea whether this can be done.
>
> BTW, next time please provide a *minimal* patch not changing line spacing
> nor changing debhelper compat level.

I know of no other way to add a python3 module.  I'm guessing its
against Policy to put the Python3 stuff in a binary package called
python-typing.

I think this is a good case for allowing a new package in
jessie-backports.  There is no other way to support python3-typing there.

.hc