Re: broken dependency for sssd in Wheezy's backports

Hi Aron,

On 01/24/17 14:21, Aron Xu wrote:
> Hi Harald,
>
> On Fri, Jan 20, 2017 at 5:20 PM, Harald Dunkel <harald.dunkel@aixigo.de> wrote:
>> Hi folks,
>>
>> The sssd in Wheezy's backport depends upon libpwquality >= 1.2.2,
>> but this version was never backported to Wheezy, AFAICS.
>>

> Which package do you see that depends on libpwqality? I tried to
> install sssd from wheezy-backports and appears to have no problem:

Its libpam-sss (recommended by sssd, but necessary for
freeipa):

# aptitude -t wheezy-backports install libpam-sss
The following partially installed packages will be configured:
  libpam-sss{b}
No packages will be installed, upgraded, or removed.
0 packages upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to remove and 31 not upgraded.
Need to get 0 B of archives. After unpacking 0 B will be used.
 libpam-sss : Depends: libpam-pwquality (>= 1.2.2-1) which is a virtual package.

     Remove the following packages:
1)     libpam-sss

     Leave the following dependencies unresolved:
2)     sssd recommends libpam-sss

Accept this solution? [Y/n/q/?] q
Abandoning all efforts to resolve these dependencies.
Abort.

# cat /etc/apt/sources.list
# aptitude -t wheezy-backports
deb http://httpredir.debian.org/debian wheezy main contrib non-free