Re: Looking for sponsor for first DM upload

> On Jan 02 2017, Eriberto <eriberto@eriberto.pro.br> wrote:
>> Hi,

>> [...]
>>
>>> I have added an entry to debian/changelog for python-dugong and updated
>>> the source package above.
>>

>> +python-dugong (3.7+dfsg-3~bpo8+1) jessie-backports; urgency=medium
>> +
>> +  * Rebuild for jessie-backports.
>> +  * Don't run unit tests during build to avoid python3-pytest build
>> +    dependency.
>>

>> The python3-pytest is available in BPO. What is the reason to exclude
>> it from your package?
>
> Hmm. Good question. When I'm trying to build with the python3-pytest
> dependency enabled, sbuild bails out with:
>
> ,----
> | The following packages have unmet dependencies:
> |  sbuild-build-depends-python-llfuse-dummy : Depends: python-pytest (>= 2.8.0) but it is not going to be installed.
> |                                             Depends: python-pytest-catchlog which is a virtual package.
> |                                             Depends: python3-pytest (>= 2.8.0) but it is not going to be installed.
> |                                             Depends: python3-pytest-catchlog which is a virtual package.
> |                                             Depends: cython3 (>= 0.23) but it is not going to be installed.
> | Unable to resolve dependencies!  Giving up...
> `----
>
> This is despite having the backports repository enabled in
> /etc/apt/sources.list and using the aptitude-based resolver (which
> I believe should automatically pick something from backports).
>
> I thought this was because there is no sufficiently recent
> python3-pytest in backports, but it seems that version 3.0 is actually
> packaged...
>
> Anyone an idea what I might be doing wrong?

Backports can use packages in backports as dependency.  However, there
is a point that I saw but I didn't tell you. The python-pytest[1] is
in BPO but python-pytest-catchlog[2] not is in BPO.

[1] https://packages.qa.debian.org/p/pytest.html
[2] https://packages.qa.debian.org/p/pytest-catchlog.html

Considering that you only quotted python-pytest in changelog, I kept
silence to wait for your reply.

>>> For s3ql and python-llfuse, the changelog already contains the rationale
>>> for the change. Are you sure you compared with the package versions in
>>> testing/stretch?
>>

>> +s3ql (2.21+dfsg-1~bpo8+1) jessie-backports; urgency=medium
>> +
>> +  * Rebuild for jessie-backports.
>> +  * Don't run unit tests during build to avoid python3-pytest build
>> +    dependency.
>>

>> However, I can see 2.325 lines via debdiff. As an example, your debian
>> dir in testing has the folowing files:
>>
>> clock-granularity.diff  ignore_cython_warnings.diff  proc_mount.diff
>> series  show_pdflatex_output.diff  support_jessie_upgrade.diff
>
> Urgs, indeed. Apologies for that. I think because one upload was made
> with dgit and the other with git-dpm, all the individual diffs got
> squashed into one big diff. I'll fix that and look closer into the
> python3-pytest issue.

Note that I didn't say about possible python-llfuse problems. Please
review this package too.

> Thanks for your feedback, and apologies for not having checked the s3ql
> debdiff!

Ok. I will wait for you.

Regards,

Eriberto