Re: Looking for sponsor for first DM upload

[...]

> I have added an entry to debian/changelog for python-dugong and updated
> the source package above.

+python-dugong (3.7+dfsg-3~bpo8+1) jessie-backports; urgency=medium
+
+  * Rebuild for jessie-backports.
+  * Don't run unit tests during build to avoid python3-pytest build
+    dependency.

The python3-pytest is available in BPO. What is the reason to exclude
it from your package? When you write a changelog, all people should
understand easily all things and changes.

And from Additionally in BPO homepage[1]:

"Do always look at the interdiff between the testing version and the
backports version, keep in mind that it should be as minimal as
possible.

Do write good changelogs and document all changes you needed to do in
order to make it run on stable."

[1] https://backports.debian.org/Contribute/#index9h3

> For s3ql and python-llfuse, the changelog already contains the rationale
> for the change. Are you sure you compared with the package versions in
> testing/stretch?

+s3ql (2.21+dfsg-1~bpo8+1) jessie-backports; urgency=medium
+
+  * Rebuild for jessie-backports.
+  * Don't run unit tests during build to avoid python3-pytest build
+    dependency.

However, I can see 2.325 lines via debdiff. As an example, your debian
dir in testing has the folowing files:

clock-granularity.diff  ignore_cython_warnings.diff  proc_mount.diff
series  show_pdflatex_output.diff  support_jessie_upgrade.diff

And in BPO version has:

debian-changes  series

Please, review all your packages to make it compliant with backports rules[2].

[2] https://backports.debian.org/Contribute/

Regards,

Eriberto